The IDP 3406B inframe kit is a durability upgrade from aluminum 3412 industrial off‐highway articulated piston.
(9Y4004 or 3780509) (1979314 crown) with approx. same 14.5:1 compression ratio as original standard aluminum OE piston.
IPD Piston: Articulated piston with approx. same compression ratio 14.5:1 as the original aluminum pistons.
NOTE: In order to make this IDP 3406B inframe kit function properly in an on-highway application, the following modifications need to be made!
- Need to upgrade to piston cooling nozzle#1663650 and the #1118606 bolts for a 3/8"-16 thread size or 2773076 cooling nozzle and #1515925 bolt for 7/16"-14 thread size.
- Oil pump must be changed to a higher-pressure oil pump to compensate from the loss of pressure caused by the dual piston cooling spray tube design. Use #0R9449 oil pump to replace the #0R9448 or a 10R0428 to replace a 0R9697.
- Another option is to increase the oil pump relief pressure setting by replacing the 9Y1800 retainer with a 9Y1792 retainer.
- (6) Pistons with Skirts/Piston Pins/Rings
- (6) Liners with Crevice Type Seal
- (7) Main Bearings
- (1) In-frame Gasket Set
- (1) Thrust Bearing
- (6) Rod Bearings
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.